Quality Management Systems – Lead Auditor Training QM + AU + TL – 4 Days
This lead auditor training course will enable you to conduct effective audits in any auditing situation
TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
This Quality Management Systems QMS – Lead Auditor Training provides you with the skills to plan, conduct, lead and report audits for first party (within your own organisation), second party (suppliers) and with third party organisations.
It will provide you with the knowledge to review the effectiveness of the processes, and to identify opportunities for improvements for Quality Management System. It also assists you in understanding the interpersonal and communication skills required for Auditors and Audit Team Leaders. The course involves a high level of participant involvement through discussions, role plays and case studies that are used to reinforce the concepts and to provide practice in applying them.
Key Course Outcomes
- Understand the application of Quality Management Principles in the context of ISO 9001:2008
- Relate the quality management system to the organisational products, including services, and operational processes
- Identify processes within your own organisation that must be controlled or improved
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and methods of auditing
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the audit, the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Understand and practice personal behaviours necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit
- Establish and plan the activities of an audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Organize and direct audit team members
- Prepare and complete the audit report
- Use remote auditing methods
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for:
- Any professional who is responsible for developing and implementing Quality Management Systems based on ISO 9001:2015
- Auditors and lead auditors who are required to conduct internal/external quality audits.
Note: Professionals may choose to do this course at their own pace by opting to do the
individual competencies Exemplar Global-QM, Exemplar Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL at different times as per the training schedule.
What benefits does the new version bring?
- Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organisational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organisations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based
What Will Be Achieved
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in-accordance with ISO 19011
- Identify the purpose and benefits of a quality management system
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 9001:2015 audit
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add value
Prior knowledge on the standard is desirable but not essential to attend this course.
You may wish to attend ISO 9001 Awareness course.
This certificate enables successful candidates to apply to Exemplar Global (formally RABQSA International) for certification as a provisional auditor when combined with competencies gained from either Exemplar Global-AU or from both Exemplar Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL.
This competency when combined with other competencies of Exemplar Global-AU and TL is recognised by NABET (refer Mutual recognition agreements).